Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 22 May 2002 10:10:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: ...compatible browser or else!

> >> Or, you write a polite request stating that you'd like to buy a mazda,
> >> but can't because of their undue restrictions on what type of browser
> >> you can use to get information on their vehicles.  Put it in a
> >> perspective they understand -- lost sales!
> >
> > At which point they'll say it's too much work for such a small part
> > of the market ...
> >

> Having spent a little time writing moderately complex web pages, I don't
> think it's that much work.  That said, in today big business world where
> marketing and sales are split, and where market share not individual
> customer's matter, Michael's right.

So probably better to send to a sales person.

"I can not reach your website b/c the technical people have set up the web
site in such a way, that's it's too: 'high tech' for my browser, kind of
like requiring me to buy a new tv before I see your tv commercial. As a
computer expert, I know that this isn't too hard to make the site so it
looks good, and that all people can view the site w/ a browser. Usually,
sites that only show up on some people's computers are the results of
someone being extra lazy. That's probably a good thing, for your
compeditor b/c I'm going to give them my $22,000. Good day and better luck
next time."

Fred