Time on Wed, 22 May 2002 14:28:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] quota troubles

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:48:04PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> Actually I just recompiled quota 2.00. Now things look more normal. I have
> recreated the quota.user file and I reran quotaon.
>
> [root@wernicke] /pkg/src/netatalk-1.5.3.1> quotaon -aguv
> quotaon: using /data/quota.group on /dev/sdb2: Invalid argument
> quotaon: using /data/quota.user on /dev/sdb2: Invalid argument
> quotaon: using /home/quota.group on /dev/sda7: Invalid argument
> quotaon: using /home/quota.user on /dev/sda7: Invalid argument

I'm confused... the man pages says:

       quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be
       enabled on one or more filesystems. The  filesystem  quota
       files  must be present in the root directory of the speci­
       fied filesystem and be named either aquota.user (for  ver­
       sion 2 user quota), quota.user (for version 1 user quota),
       aquota.group (for version 2 group quota),  or  quota.group
       (for version 1 group quota).

> I think I need to reboot. Do I?

No, you shouldn't need to.

What distro are you running btw?