Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 22 May 2002 14:45:44 -0400

Re: [PLUG] quota troubles

> > [root@wernicke] /pkg/src/netatalk-1.5.3.1> quotaon -aguv
> > quotaon: using /data/quota.group on /dev/sdb2: Invalid argument
> > quotaon: using /data/quota.user on /dev/sdb2: Invalid argument
> > quotaon: using /home/quota.group on /dev/sda7: Invalid argument
> > quotaon: using /home/quota.user on /dev/sda7: Invalid argument
>
> I'm confused... the man pages says:
>
>        quotaon announces to the system that disk quotas should be
>        enabled on one or more filesystems. The  filesystem  quota
>        files  must be present in the root directory of the speci­
>        fied filesystem and be named either aquota.user (for  ver­
>        sion 2 user quota), quota.user (for version 1 user quota),
>        aquota.group (for version 2 group quota),  or  quota.group
>        (for version 1 group quota).

My manpage only talks about quota.user (not aquota). I have those. I
turned it on and it failed. I created aquota.user and it still gave the
above error.

I'm using rh6.2 w/ quota-tools that I rolled myself: 2.00. Also, I have
kernle 2.4.18 which I compiled. I explicitely compliled quota into the
kernel. I have an ext3/nfs filessytem. I'm thinking that this might be a
factor.

Fred