Paul on Wed, 22 May 2002 16:37:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: ...compatible browser or else!

> Having spent a little time writing moderately complex web pages, I don't
> think it's that much work.  That said, in today big business world where
> marketing and sales are split, and where market share not individual
> customer's matter, Michael's right.

Are you referring to the market share of the browsers, or the market
share of potential customers running alternative browsers?  Is it
logical to assume that a high market share for IE, as an example,
means that a higher percentage of potential customers will be using
IE?

If Mazda stated that they are running embedded Linux in their cars,
maybe more Linux people would try to visit their site.  Luckily for
them, Navigator runs on Linux.  Another case of Linux adapting to a
Micro$oft world.