Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 23 May 2002 12:12:29 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: ...compatible browser or else!

> Although I agree with your sentiment, I think it's unlikely that blind
> people form a large buying segment for automobiles.  Of course, drive-thru
> automatic teller machines have braille on the buttons so maybe I'm just
> jumping to conclusions.  :-)

Probably right, but let's do the cost benefit analysis. I'm betting that
if they sold one auto, they could get a site that was more compatible.
It's not like it's too expensive to do this right, so we can forget about
that. It's not like millions of people have to be affected, either.

If the people who did the job were really qualified to begin w/ then we
wouldn't be having this problem.

Here's my calculations: better site cost = $0
potential sales: thousands

I'm not an accountant nor good in business, but I think a better site
should have been done all ready.

Fred