Paul on Tue, 28 May 2002 10:02:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux Raid

> which basically does mirroring for data redundancy and/or fast stripping
> (the actual term escpapes me) which has no redundancy but allows for very

What, the term striping?  The data is alternately written to, for
example, two drives.  If each "band" of data were a different color,
they would look like stripes, at least on a diagram.  Using numbers I
believe it would go like this: 1357 2468  So, if the odd numbers are
red and the even numbers are green, you get stripes.