Kevin Brosius on Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:44:58 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Mail client recommendation

"Arthur S. Alexion" wrote:

> At 10:37 AM 6/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 10:04, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> > > Can anyone give me a recommendation?  I prefer a graphical client, but
> > will
> > > explore any recommendations.
> >
> >apt-get install evolution
> >or
> >http://www.ximian.com/products/ximian_evolution/download.html
> >
> >BTW, it's gotten much better since the days of the beta.  It's been very
> >stable recently (and good GPG integration).  I use it for IMAP so I'm
> >not sure if the feature you want is available, though in Account Editor
> >-> Receiving Options, there is a checkbox for "Leave messages on
> >server."
> >
> >Michael F. Robbins
> >mike@gamerack.com
>
> Leaving it on the server is not the problem.  All the clients I have tried
> do that.  I'm looking for something that will, then, let me delete them
> from the server selectively.

And from your local view, or just from the server?  Netscape mail
(sorry...) will do this.  Same setting as someone else mentioned, 'leave
messages on server' for pop3.  It'll still download a copy to you
locally when you check mail, but they also stay on the server until you
delete them from the Inbox.  How close is this to what you want?

--
Kevin Brosius