kaze on Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:03:57 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Linux on a Apple Powerbook 150?

==> > Hmmm, you can't connect a monitor, it doesn't have a NIC.
==>
==> Sure, but it's got a serial port, which is how anyone using
==> NetBSD/mac68k on a PB 150 is doing it, when they actually need a
==> console. (I do think there are a couple of people using this machine
==> for something, though I don't quite recall what they got out of it.
==> gr@eclipsed.net

Just to be sure I understand, this is exactly like working on a Cisco over a
serial cable from a terminal emulator program, right?

==> > Except for continuing to run Mac OS, basically useless?
==>
==> That's also an option. A machine like this would function well
==> enough as a living room machine, just to type things in fast, ssh
==> from there to a machine playing mp3s through a stereo and play with
==> mpg123, so forth.

So if I found a ssh client for MacOS 7.1 and hooked up the serial line to
another box I could do this too huh?