W. Chris Shank on Wed, 5 Jun 2002 07:33:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Build your own Linuc PC help needed!

i'm surprised you couldn't find any ext modems there - i have gotten them from there before. the last one i got was a usb modem. it was a bit tricky, but is now working.

i also got an internal ISA there by mistake (needed PCI) when i took it back I realized that all the PCI ones were WinModems. that's why i got the usb modem (only one serial port in use by UPS).

check their clearance rack - sometimes you can get a pretty good deal.