Doug Crompton on Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:56:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Verizon DSL

I am curious why the verizon DSL users did not go to a third party
provider like Speakeasy? They have static IP and far superior service.
They are others that also provide much better service then Verizon. As you
might have read I am in a battle to get DSL with Verizon but I would never
use them as my ISP! Given the options, and if I had the choices, I would
never want comcast in my house! DirectTV and DSL would be my choice.

Doug

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, John Karr wrote:

> I just traded in Verizon DSL for Comcast.
>
> Having to reconnect is a nuisance, especially on shared connections and
> Comcast is a nose cheaper too. Comcast works on DHCP and if networking is
> working on your computer will pretty much just work.
>
> I also just picked up a router/firewall device for $60 (including
> shipping). It supports PPPoE and if you're doing DSL is a must. Its got a
> simple web interface so even computer novices can be trained to reconnect
> to DSL. The company that sold me my LANReady 840 is avready.com.

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *