Darxus on Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:30:22 +0200

[PLUG] June 2002 PLUG Keysigning Instructions

This is an interesting new situation for me.  This is the first plug/pads
keysigning that I did not attend, so I do not have notes on who
participated.  I appreciate the 3 of you that sent me signatures so far so
I think I have a pretty good list of who was there, but I'm also sending
this to the plug list in case I missed anybody.  As a side effect, the whole
plug list gets to see what the after-meeting part of a keysigning looks
like.

DO NOT SIGN ANY KEYS THAT *YOU* DID NOT VERIFY.

If you know what you're doing, feel free to skip this entire email and send
me your signatures.  In the future, feel free to send me signatures before
I email you directions.

You are encouraged to read relevant manpages to verify what you are doing
instead of just trusting that I didn't deviously tell you to "rm -rf /".
I also really don't care exactly which of the many possible ways you
use retrieve, sign, and send me these keys, I'm just going to provide a
(hopefully) simple suggestion.

Like any set of directions, you should read through this before you
actually do it, so you don't accidentally jump ahead or something.

Download http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/phillylinux.gpg
(yes, it should be updated).

Do "gpg --import phillylinux.gpg"

You now have the public keys of everybody who's participated in a
keysigning (except very inactive people).

Do "gpg --sign-key EmailAddress" for each key that YOU VERIFIED last
night.  Like:  "gpg --sign-key darxus@chaosreigns.com".  RE-VERIFY THE
INFORMATION - make sure that the name, email address, and fingerprint on
your screen matches the information you initialed on that piece of paper
at the meeting.  Only hit yes after you've verified this information.

When you're done, send me the keys you signed.  This should work:

Do "gpg --export 0CF9091A 19BC76F8 1ADE9739 225B5E12 2682BC80 2BA48C46 5AA5BCDF 64715094 67A7B584 8060510A C0630296 F0A0A919 FE4BC82F > signed.gpg"

Then send me the file "signed.gpg" (via email or something).

If you have any problems / questions, *please* email me.

I have gotten signatures from:

waltman@pobox.com
gr@eclipsed.net
chrisb@kippona.com

(which I really appreciate in this case due to the more complicated than
usual situation)

I still haven't gotten signatures from leonardr@lazerware.com from the
last keysigning.

People that participated last night (from what I can tell):

pub  1024D/0CF9091A 2001-07-23 gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
pub  1024D/19BC76F8 2001-07-31 Ian Reinhart Geiser (geiseri) <geiseri@yahoo.com>
pub  1024D/1ADE9739 2002-05-31 Kam Salisbury (Network Alchemist) <kam@salsolutions.net>
pub  1024D/225B5E12 2002-05-01 Brian P. Mohr <brian@bpmohr.com>
pub  1024D/2682BC80 2002-03-26 Jesse Paul Schultz (JPSchultz Consulting) <jpschultz@jpschultz.com>
pub  1024D/2BA48C46 2002-03-29 John J Lavin Jr <jlavin@ccil.org>
pub  1024D/5AA5BCDF 2000-07-18 Michael J. Leone <userdude@yahoo.com>
pub  1024D/64715094 2002-04-22 mike.h <mike.h@stemik.com>
pub  1024D/67A7B584 1999-10-20 Walter C. Mankowski <waltman@netaxs.com>
pub  1024D/8060510A 2000-12-01 Chris Beggy <chrisb@kippona.com>
pub  1024D/C0630296 2002-02-10 Jesse P. Schu;tz <schultj@netaxs.com>
pub  1024D/F0A0A919 2002-02-20 Jason Nocks <jason@nocks.com>
pub  1024D/FE4BC82F 2002-04-18 Danita M. Fries <nita@digitalsylph.com>

I would like all of you who have not yet done so to add your key to the
http://www.biglumber.com/ keysigning coordination website, so when people
who are interested in keysignings look at the listings, they notice
significant participation in our area, and hopefully decide to come to one
of our keysignings.  Especially now that they've added a "Top Cities"
ranking on the main page (of which we are currently at the top) (this
feature was added because of us).

I prefer that all email sent to me be encrypted with my public key, and
signed with your private key.

Did I miss anything ?

--
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."