Beldon Dominello on Fri, 7 Jun 2002 06:20:34 +0200

[PLUG] Networking question

I am building a small network for the Vintage Radio and Communications Museum
of Connecticut (http://www.nationalcommunicationsmuseum.org) and I have a
fairly basic question that I haven't come across before.

Normally, when you set up a network, you give the default gateway as your
router or firewall.  what if there's no gateway to the outside world?  We
have no interhnet conenctivity yet (not even a phone line), so how does the
traffic get from, say, workstation to server?  Is hooking up two machines
with either a hub or crossover cable sufficient?  what do I put in to the
"default gateway" configuration?

Thanx!

	-Beldon

--
Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned.
		-- Milton Friedman