Kevin Brosius on Sat, 8 Jun 2002 05:39:54 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Verizon DSL

Jeff Weisberg wrote:

> | You know, I do like the *idea* of using a small local ISP but cynet.com,
>
> which is why I've been DSL-less for the past several months. I'm torn
> between paying more to nice friendly local folk, or paying less to some
> big faceless corporation.
>
> | op.net, among others, are just plain gone.
>
> shortly after my separation from the Borg, I went through my list
> of local ISPs to see who was up to what:
>         gone, gone, gone, borged, gone, borged, borged, gone, borged, gone, ....
>
> off the top of my head, still around:
>         snip.net
>         dca.net
>         pil.net         (does not offer dsl)
>         netcarrier.net  (I believe that several? Borg refugees are now working here)

I've been a very happy netcarrier dial-up user.  But their DSL quotes
where higher than the $50 price I expected, plus they offer a dsl modem
in the range of several hundred dollars.  I wanted to go with them for
DSL, because they provide excellent service, but couldn't justify the
startup costs.

I suspect they are focusing on business customers, because my last
request for a DSL quote went unanswered.

--
Kevin Brosius