Bill Jonas on Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:11:26 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Verizon DSL

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:36:57AM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> that fee ... but only if you promise to stay with them for a certain
> amount of time (a month, probably). Leave before that time, and you

s/month/year/ -- I just got another advertisement from them in the (US)
mail urging me to sign up with their "Online DSL" (yes, I realize that
it's DSL from Verizon Online, but my brain always hears it this way).
The fine print said no charge for the "modem", but you have to pay for
it or return it if you cancel before a year of service.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin