Timothy Lee Young on Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:30:09 -0400

[PLUG] HighPoint 372 RAID on motherboard with RedHat 7.3

Hey all!

I've got a new motherboard coming this week, an Epox 4G4A+ (Intel 845g
chipset), with the HighPoint 372 RAID integrated on it.

I'm sure that I'm not the first guy on here to attempt a RedHat 7.3
install with the HighPoint 372 on the motherboard; so I ask: what can I
expect in the use of the HighPoint?

What I plan to do is not RAID 0 or 1, I just want to use the 3rd & 4th IDE
ports as regular IDE ports, and probably will hook up my single hard drive
to IDE2 (what I believe its called).  (IDE0 will be my CD-RW, IDE1 my
DVD-ROM, to keep them on
separate channels for burning purposes).

Out of the box, will the Red Hat 7.3 be able to find my hard drive on the
IDE2 port?

Thanx for your info,
Tim