Kyle R . Burton on Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:16:02 -0400

[PLUG] Optimizatoins? MySQL, 1.2Gb tables, lots of random selects...

The index file is only 24Mb, so one thin we're wondering is if MySQL supports

We're trying to get good select performance from these databases (we're
using more than 1 to distribute some of the load as things stand right
now).  The selects are basicly random based on a unique primary key.
Our table consists of only 3 rows, an auto id (integer), a primary key
(varchar 15), and a blob column.  The average size of the blob column
is about 1k (1099 bytes) - it has to be a blob (it's binary data - a
compressed data structure).

We're currently only getting between 90 and 280 records per second.  This
is on a dual athlon 1.2ghz w/1.5gb of ram.  We've already got noatime and
notail set on the file systems the data files are stored on.

Anyone have any advice or pointers for optimizing MySQL for databases of
these kinds of sizes?

Thanks,
Kyle