gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:38:46 -0400

Re: [PLUG] starting a program at boot

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:27:28PM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:
> Why ? RedHat, debian, Mandrake and the new LimitedLinux (oops sorry
> UnitedLinux) support the FHS (at least at some extends).

There are way more distributions of Linux than that. Hey, look, I'll
go grab the Debian cvs tree, remove the -e flag from echo(1), make
it use NetBSD's rc structure instead of SysV rc at all, and call it
gr GNU/Linux.

What's FHS stand for anyhow?

(A Linux-specific standard? Why not just follow POSIX or SuS like
the rest of us?)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net