Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:56:34 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Adding shares to a W98PC-LinuxPC network

> Except that the new folder [archives] only shows one
> subdirectory of one of the two directories to which I
> pointed with path statements in the smb.conf file under
> [archives]:
>
> 		path = /vol1/
> and
> 		path = /vol2/

mkdir /archives

change path line in smb.conf to /archives and remove other path lines

mv /vol1 /archives
mv /vol2 /archives

> It doesn't seem to matter whether I include the last [/]
> in each path statement.  In [vol1] there are 7 subdirectories;
> only the earliest one [lost & found] appears under [archives]
> in Network Neighborhood ... and nothing appears for [vol2].
> I wuz expecting both directories [vol1 & vol2] ...

This won't work. You can only have one path per share.

> BTW, the permissions of [vol1 & vol2] are for [user0] & [root]
> whereas the network group is [amenex].  Linux won't accept
> [amenex] as the name of the workgroup when I attempt to change
> the group name under [properties] when i right-click on the
> name of the directory [such as vol1] ...

Change workgroup in smb.conf file to amenex.

Repost smb.conf, please.

Fred