George Langford, Sc.D. on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:18:03 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Adding shares to a W98PC-LinuxPC network

Hello fellow PLUGgers !

Thought I had it figgered out - I changed the path statements
in [smb.conf] to:

	path = /vol1/user0
and
	path = /vol2/user0

after moving the desired dorectories into the [user0]
directory in each [/volx] directory.  Now [lost & found]
doesn't even appear in Network Neighborhood !  Again, it
doesn't seem to matter whether I append the [/] ...

And yes, I did change the permissions to [user0 and root]
as I had before. the group remains [root], not [amenex].

My other path statement for the [home] folder in Network
Neighborhood, is:

	path = /home/user0

and that also doesn't care whether there's a trailing [/].
But I can see everything in the [user0] directory ...

Mystified in the dripping Paoli woods.

Best regards,
George Langford
amenex@amenex.com