Arthur S. Alexion on Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:20:13 +0200

[PLUG] OpenOffice-Java issue

As suggested to me I installed OpenOffice, and sure enough, it looks
like I would imagine StarOffice 6.0.  They also share a common problem.
 Neither the SO, nor the OO install scripts would recognize my JRE.  As
recommended on the OO site, I installed the Blackdown port of the JRE
1.6.  Package manager verifies the installation with no problems.  The
same thing happened with StarOffice 5.2 both on this computer and an
older one with RH 6.2.

Is this my problem, or is it inherent in the software?  If its mine,
any suggestions for fixing it?

SO had no problems with the JRE on the windows computer.  Is the
problem with the linux port of the office products or with the linux
prot of the jre?

Other than PGP, what do I lose in OO by not having Java recognized?