Darxus on Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:09:29 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Email encryption

On 06/18, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> That's not true. PGP's plugin for outlook successfully verifies
> RFC-compliant OpenPGP signatures. It doesn't deal at all with
> encrypted messages unless they're ASCII-armored, though.

Okay, I just remember co-workers using outlook at a previous employer
having difficulty with email I sent them from mutt.

> > MS Outlook is bad.  You should use mutt under Linux instead.
>
> This is a terrible answer. If encryption is still too difficult to

This wasn't an answer to anything.  I agree that gpg should be made useable
for as many people as possible, including with outlook.

The statement was just my strong opinions on mail clients in general.

To the question of how much PLUG uses GPG/PGP, it looks like 32.4% posts
to this list have been signed since Sun, 2 Jun 2002 12:32:39 est.

$ grep -c '^Sender: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org' IN.plug
577
$ grep -c '^Content-Type: application/pgp-signature' IN.plug
186

I have a procmail rule that converts clearsigned messages to RFC compliant
signatures.  Anybody see flaws in this calculation ?

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
http://www.ChaosReigns.com