Bill Jonas on Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:50:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Configuring Samba on a Dell Inspiron 7000

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 08:53:54PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> Also, you need to make sure encrypted passwds are set as on in the
> smb.conf.

"Currently I have my security setting to User but have also tried the
share level setting, but the USER setting has no encryption because I
ran the registry patch telling Windows to not encrypt my password."

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin