Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:50:33 +0200

[PLUG] ping

To all you sysadmins out there: how often can someone send you ICMP
packets (ordinary pings) and stay below the threshold of annoyance?

For example, if I do a ping -c 1 (-c is count) against you once a
second, might you complain? What about once a minute? Etc.

I'm trying to gather some data on my DSL and cable service
reliability, but I don't want to get people around me upset. (I was
thinking of once a minute single pings.)

Thanks.

--
 Jeff

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>