Darxus on Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:20:34 +0200

Re: [PLUG] ping

On 06/20, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I'm trying to gather some data on my DSL and cable service
> reliability, but I don't want to get people around me upset. (I was
> thinking of once a minute single pings.)

I think that would be totally appropriate.  This is similar to how managed
collo is monitored, and I think it is very reasonable for you to monitor
the stability of the service being provided to you.  And I think 1 ping per
minute would be reasonable.  Although... you may want to just ask your
service provider what they think.

--
"If you are not paranoid... you may not be paying attention."