Michael F. Robbins on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 05:50:17 +0200

Re: [PLUG] CUPS Printing?

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 09:41, Noah silva wrote:
> I am not sure there is a /etc/cups/ppd directory.  I will check when I am
> back at my PC.  Ghost-script is installed.  As I said, I can print ok from
> the oki4drv.  For example, I have been printing web pages by doing "print
> to PostScript" in Mozilla, and then running "oki4drv ~/mozilla.ps" from
> the command prompt.  This works fine.  (And Oki4Drv uses ghostscript).

Take a look at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=oki4w, or if this is
not your exact driver, find it on that site.  It has a script that will
generate a PPD file for you.  Try it out.  The link I sent you was the
only Okidata driver that worked as a separate filter program instead of
a ghostscript module.

Sorry I can't be of much help.  However this page gives a nice overview
of the CUPS setup:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/cups-doc.html

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com