pinkee on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:07:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 01:08:22AM -0400, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> On Monday 24 June 2002 11:11 pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:24:00PM -0400, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> > > umm... to avoid embaresment in the future please read the list archives.
> >
> > Umm... but Sean has Verizon DSL and didn't, to my knowledge, use
> > Windows to set it up.
> Then he must know something that no-one else in this world knows.
>
> Verizon DSL uses their intaller to generate a first time code that must be
> used to login.  You basicly have to note these values at install time and
> enter them into your PPOE settings.
>
> I have tried to convince Verizon to just make me an account but  they "dont
> have any way to do that"... Either way, without their installer there is no
> verizon DSL.  End of story.

Is it possible this is new? I did not have this issue two Octobers ago,
they sent me my lovely vze23wdw@verizon.com which was my login and my
password in the mail. I don't have that account anymore, as catchy as
the e-mail address was. :)

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org