Arthur S. Alexion on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:14:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] fstab for mounting windows partitions

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 10:54 pm, Bill Jonas wrote:
> I had a bear of a time trying to get that to work.  I wound up
> deciding it wasn't that important, but I was told sometime after that
> about the uid and gid flags.  I'd suggest creating a group (if a
> suitable one doesn't already exist) and adding users who need write
> access to the filesystem to this group.

I read in the mount(8) man page that the user option also set nouid,
nogid and noexec unless overridden.  That's why I set the option to
user,exec.  Am I misunderstanding what nouid, nogid and noexec mean?