Arthur S. Alexion on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:29:56 -0400

[PLUG] fstab for mounting windows partitions

My current /etc/fstab is something like

LABEL=/         /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
none              /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none              /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none              /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hde4      swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/hdc4        /mnt/zip100.0           auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/fd0          /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

I added the lines

/dev/hda1            /mnt/winboot            vfat    user,exec       0 0
/dev/hde1            /mnt/windata            vfat    user,exec       0 0
/dev/hde5            /mnt/winother           vfat    user,exec       0 0

in order to mount my windows file systems at boot up.

Is this the correct syntax for allowing ordinary users read/write
access?  If not, what is?  I could find no explanation of the kudzu
option in the man pages for mount(8) nor fstab.  Does anyone know what
it does?