multiple seriousity on Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:50:08 -0400

[PLUG] Swap Meet

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 June 2002 11:17 am, JP Toto wrote:
> > This sounds like a cool idea. How do these things work? Everyone shows
> > up at a common location and trades stuff? I've got a few boxes of older

> Maby we should set this up in August and maby get some outside interest too.
> Id be willing to help :)

I'm _all_ about AUGUST cause I (am/was) trying to organize the PLUS
(Philadelphia Linux/Unix Symposium..  if you remember, last year August
25th was the Philly (& west coast) Linux 10th anniversary BBQ and it was
asked that we do it again this year, so I said a few months back... lets
do it again this yeaqr, AND since there is also a linux kernel talk
meeting at the 22nd @ netaxs we can make it a whole weekend of related
stuff, including fun stuff like a beer run/tasting meeting, etc. all the
fun stuff we like to do, not to mention some tech stuff.  There's always
been talk of having some sort of conference or somethign in Philly amongst
PLUGgers, so I say hey, lets do it.

Definitely need help of course. :) I know I'm so busy now with my
non-profit and other stuff that I don't have much time to go about doing
various things.

but anyways uhmmm you can look at
http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/pubarchive/plug/2002-March/012856.html

to see a little more about what I had in mind.

A swap meet would only be so much more cool. :) plus as I keep saying I
have a bunch of junk to get rid of. :P

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org