Paul on Fri, 28 Jun 2002 05:05:52 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PHP Help

Unless the company plans to sell the code to an outside company, why does the market share of PHP matter? If your company chooses PHP, the market share just increased. More importantly, cost has DEcreased and you have an effective scripting language to use. (Although, it sounds like you were talking about deploying a PHP-based application as opposed to writing your own PHP scripts. Still.)

How do people that fall for Micro$oft propaganda end up in charge? They seem to believe that you only get what you pay for, which is generally true. But, as "they" say, the best things in life are FREE.

Then our *lovely* consultants chime in with "Open Source is the same as
shareware, ASP is in greater use and PHP has only #5 of the market
share. <insert snake oil sales pitch here>." Yes our *lovely*
consultants are M$ centric in thinking.