Paul on Fri, 28 Jun 2002 05:05:53 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PHP Help

Sometimes answering the question means buying into a losing
proposition. That is, sometimes the only reasonable way to win is to
point out that the supposition of the question is flawed and so can
lead to flawed conclusions.

Hey, I remember that tactic being used on me by people on this list! It was effective. I countered with the same tactic. Ultimately, the technical debate was quieted by technical information.

Say the usage number is currently higher for ASP compared to PHP. That is a static number. Is the number for PHP increasing or decreasing? How rapidly? And what about the numbers in terms of dollars. PHP really has ASP beat in that area.

PHP, and open-source in general, is getting bigger and better. Micro$oft products are just becoming more bloated and expensive. For me, the choice is clear, so I guess I will never be in charge. 8^)