Chris Mann on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:10:17 +0200

[PLUG] PHP Help

Hi guys,

I'm currently tasked with getting an intranet up and running for our
company. Since I'm rather short on time, I've decided to go with
Postnuke (open sourced php/mysql based CMS) on Apache. This seemed fine
to our powers that be.

Then our *lovely* consultants chime in with "Open Source is the same as
shareware, ASP is in greater use and PHP has only #5 of the market
share. <insert snake oil sales pitch here>." Yes our *lovely*
consultants are M$ centric in thinking.

What I was wondering is anyone know where I can find the latest market
share of PHP?

Thanks.

Chris Mann
Systems Administrator