Jesse Wind on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:30:38 +0200

Re: [PLUG] PHP Help

What I was wondering is anyone know where I can find the latest market share of PHP?

Thanks.

Chris Mann
Systems Administrator
Legg Mason Real Estate Services
cmann@lmres.com
215.496.3035

I'm sure there are flaws to this, but what I did was run the following queries in google:
*.com/*.asp == 3,470,000
*.org/*.asp == 1,170,000
4,640,000

*.com/*.php  ==  2,620,000
*.com/*.php3 == 1,230,000
*.org/*.php    == 1,140,000
*.org/*.php3 ==     426,000
                          5,416,000

It's odd that I came out with a larger number of pages for php, and I'm not sure that it means anything. On the other hand, it's in your favor. Never trust a statistic unless you've manipulated it yourself.

--Jesse