Bradley Molnar on Sun, 30 Jun 2002 05:45:25 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet

[note:  I thought I sent this about an hour ago, sorry]

This is my first cell phone, so, I don't know much about early cancelation
fees.  However, AFAIK, after the 1 year is up, you can cancel the phone
without any penalty other than you lose your existing phone number (in most
cases).  You might want to look, verizon is fond of 2 year contracts.

My phone was not free.  It was far from it.  It was $140 on top of the plan.
I bought it b/c it is a tri-band phone (and has a global roaming plan that
works in something like 180 countries worldwide).  I am in Australia, and,
it works great down here (back in philly in 3 weeks!).  I don't really know
how well the internet and all works over the phone, so, I can't really talk
about it.  I only know that it exists on some level.  I believe that it is
used as a cellular modem of some sort.

But, it is hard to say exactly what other companies provide.  From personal
experience, Voicestream is a great company.  I really like that they use all
GSM phones.  They also have e-mail integrated with the SMS (short message
service) system.  Basically, you get an e-mail, you 10-digit phone number
@voicestream.net (or a username of your choice).  They also have some nice
new national roaming plans.  I was actually considering switching to one of
them.

this should give you a good idea of where i am coming from.

-brad

---
Everybody loves to love you when you're far away -- Better than Ezra, At the
Stars