Bradley Molnar on Sun, 30 Jun 2002 08:50:07 +0200

RE: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet

this will depend more on if the cell phone supports this.  If the cell does,
then, it will probably be as simple as setting up a modem.

Most likely, your phone came with some sort of cable or has an infrared
port.  If not, then I don't know if you will be able to do it.

For reference, my cell phone (Motorola Timeport) has an infrared port on the
top for just such uses.  I have never used it for 3 reasons, #1 - doesn't
support the OSes I use (MacOS, Win2K), #2 - don't need it, and #3 - too lazy
to set it up.

So, best bet is checking the manual that came with the phone to see if it is
possible to use the phone as you desire.  If you can, it _should_ just be
like adding an extra modem.

For future reference, I have heard that AT&T might be setting up a 3G cell
phone network in the philadelphia area.  There are a host of 3G phones that
are bluetooth compatable (or so I am told).

-brad

---
Everybody loves to love you when you're far away -- Better than Ezra, At the
Stars