kaze on Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:08:48 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet - perpetual mobile contract

==> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Paul wrote:
==> > What you're told and what the fine print says might not always be the
==> > same, unfortunately.
==>
==> This is why you always ask for someone's name whom you talk to, and make
==> notes of the date and time, and if they (whoimever they is, be
==> it an ISP,
==> a credit card company, the phone company) see if they give confirmation
==> numbers or whatever.

I do this, but twice now when I have pointed out differences between what
people said or whatever they blame bad or lack of training or state that
policies have changed. One time at Cingular I said so and so told me this,
she put me on hold, then came back in 10 min and said, I just talked to him
and he says he did not say that, bla bla. Recording the phone conversations
might work, but might not and seems like a lot of trouble. Now I try to
refuse to do anything over the phone, only accepting stuff on paper... (Note
when telemarketers say, "could you just confirm your phone number / address
for me" they are taking that reply as your agreement to something!)