Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:51:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet - perpetual mobile contract

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 11:29 am, Brian Epstein wrote:
> > came with windows software for the computer that was using it (like
> > my kyocera 6035).  Since the software is basically just a dialer,
> > you
>
> have you seen the new kyo-7135?  *drool drool*

Here's an eMail I got from someone who's actually seen it:

[philapug] Re: PhilaPUG Meeting This Thursday!
From: "mobilastic" <frabuck@alliance-consulting.com>
 To: philapug@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:31:10 -0000

Unfortunately, I was in NY but not able to make last nites meeting.
Some quick notes...

The coolest thing was the Kyrocera phone. It will truely give
handspring a run for their money. And they are smart enough to
release it on CDMA 1X (a better system - IMHO that GPRS). Actually
runs on analog also. The phone is  a trimode.

The size of the phone is like a startac. flip open the phone & the
top screen is gorgeous color (64K). The bottom is a full phone keypad
and the silk screen. Builtin MP3 player. replaceable battery.
external caller ID, voice dialing and memo. SD card slot. Palm OS
4.1. HTML browser (access? see Palm announcement)16mb RAM. GPS
locator (not really GPS, but will depend on Carriers E911
implementation). Keyboards and other add-ons.

The new toy to covet - Kyocera 7135.

Unfortunately, you'll need to wait til 4th quarter.
Fran