Darxus on Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:50:08 +0200

[PLUG] Fwd: PLUG presentation - July 3rd 2002

I believe this is the only standing offer we have for a full length
presentation tomorrow, and it sounds interesting to me.

----- Forwarded message from "Michael F. Robbins" <mike@gamerack.com> -----

Date: 02 Jul 2002 17:40:11 -0400
From: "Michael F. Robbins" <mike@gamerack.com>
To: Darxus@chaosreigns.com

I am sending this to confirm that I and two friends will be presenting
our robotics research project tomorrow.  Not all of our planned
discussion relates to Linux, however we feel that these are still
interesting topics for this group.  Here are some topics we plan to
cover:

* Basics of physical construction
* Interfacing hardware (motors, sensors, etc) with software
* Motor control, from software, to digital signals, to analog inputs
* Designing printed circuit boards with Linux, and physical production
methods
* Software architecture we've developed to run the robot

We will bring the robot to the presentation, however at this point it is
not functional enough to move on its own.  Anyway, the onboard computer
will be used to do the presentation, assuming we have a VGA projector
and a power outlet.

Thanks,

Mike Robbins
mike@gamerack.com
----- End forwarded message -----

--
"Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think only about the
front sight."