Noah Silva on Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:35:04 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Pascal?

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 11:09, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> At 11:12 PM -0400 7/3/02, Noah Silva wrote:
> >Very little for C++ (it's just broken! use Objective C!),
>
> 	Don't get me started on Objective C - it's just WAY TOO WEIRD
> and needs to be updated to the 1990's (let alone 2000)...

As I understand it, apple is working on this now, as they are sing it
for the development of OS X stuff.  C++ was designed to be a temporary
solution, and imo, it shows.

> >  and Java I would like if it could compile Java language
> >to Binary native code.
>
> 	You can - there are companies that offer Java native compilers.

I am aware of this, but it's here and there.  I would actually be more
interested in a compiler to take pascal and/or C into Java ByteCode.

> >Note that java stole a LOT from object pascal.
>
> 	And why not....

Oh I didn't say it was a bad thing.

 -- noah silva