John Lavin on Fri, 5 Jul 2002 05:30:06 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Compile error: undefined reference

Resending because I think it got lost in the SSH discussion.  I've
gotten a couple of suggestions:  Gabe wants me to lock down a IRQ so
that the sound card will definitely have it available to me.  Believe it
or not, I have no idea how to get to the bios setup on this laptop.  The
usual keystrokes at bootup don't work.  Its a Toshiba Pentium 225CDS
FWIW.

It also was suggested that my setserial could be preempting the sound
card's use of a serial port.  Not sure where to go on that one.

Any comments are apreciated...
John Lavin said:
> I had some updates on my adventures in kernel compiling.  I don't have
> my sound card working yet, but I've worked through a bunch of other
> dependencies, getting a pretty compact kernel and still supporting all
> my hardware.
>
> > Yeah - forgot to mention that.  I have a Yamaha OPL3-SA3 card and I
> > selected OSS Sound Modules, and Yamaha OPL2 and OPL3 pnp card support
> >  as in-kernel.
> It seems that if you want this sound card compiled in the kernel,
> I think you need to specify the card parameters at compile time.  I can
> compile successfully if I compile as a module.  I'm using sndconfig to
> try get my card up.
>
> My current error in syslog when running sndconfig is:
> opl3sa2: No PnP cards found
> opl3sa2: Search for a card at 0x880.
> opl3sa2: chipset version = 0x3
> opl3sa2: Found OPL3-SA3 (YMF715B or YMF719B)
> ad1848: Interrupt test failed (IRQ12)
> opl3sa2: Control I/O port 0x370 not free
> opl3sa2: There was a problem probing one  of the ISA PNP cards,
> continuing

-john
--
John Lavin