Bill Jonas on Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:21:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Memory hardware questions

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 10:42:20PM -0400, Jason wrote:
> OT Disclaimer: This message is not suitable for all open source or free
> software users. If reading info about M$ products or applications offends
> you, do not read this message.

Me too.  I'm rationalizing this since it's related to moving the Windows
partition about to make room for Linux partitions. ;-)

> For example, if you move files from c:\Program Files\WinApp to
> e:\Program Files\WinApp, you might not even
> be able to launch the application anymore.
> The closest thing to a true symlink in the windows world is remapping a local
> drive.

Some time ago, before Win32, PC Magazine featured a utility called COA,
for "Change of Address".  There's a Win32 version of it out, called
(surprisingly enough) COA32.  I've never used it, *but*...

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2094-10059085.html

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin