Martin DiViaio on Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:43:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] wu-ftpd questions...

Try (as root):

chkconfig --list

This will give you a list of all the services that gets started by your
system and in what runlevel. It also lists all services for xinetd and
their status (on or off).

chkconfig can also do limited control of the xinetd services (enable or
disable) and will automatically restart xinetd for you.

Have you tried to ftp to localhost on the box itself?