Michael Leone on Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:47:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Libranet

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 17:20, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> > I know that there are many Debian devotees on the list.  I've been curious
> > about it but scared off by the dire descriptions of the install process .
> > Libranet claims to have created a Debian for newbies (and the very busy).
>
> A debian install is not that bad. I consider it a learning experience.

So is whacking yourself in the head with a board filled with nails.:-)

> Autodetection isn't that great, though.
>
> However, progeny has been working on this. You can get graphical debian
> install disks here:
>
> http://archive.progeny.com/progeny/pgi/

Progeny is not being actively developed further, is it? Libranet is, and
(according to the mailing list) is due for a new revision in a "few
more" weeks.

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

These are the memories which make me a wealthy soul ...