Rebecca Ore on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:48:37 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL?

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Noah Silva wrote:

> It was originally set to, but I disabled it with "netcfg".  It seems to
> still try though at boot.  Is there a better way to disable this in
> redhat?

I used the GUI network interface configuration (not the Internet Network
Configuration Wizard which crashed on me) on RH 7.2.  You can disable having
the interface come up on boot there.  You'll be editing the eth0 (Devices tab).

Also, rppppoe has either something about this or a link to something about
RedHat peculiarities on their site.  You can also use 4.2.2.1 as the DNS
servers.  Domain: dsl.verizon.net.  I just use localhost as this machine's
name.

>  -- noah silva
>
> On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 20:06, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Noah Silva wrote:
> >

> > > This is to create the account, this is done already.  It works fine in
> > > Windows.
> >

> > The other thing is to make sure the ethernet doesn't come up on boot and then
> > to reboot the machine.
> >
> > --
> > Rebecca Ore

Rebecca Ore