Noah silva on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:20:35 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Stupid question about Mandrake

Actually...

It wasn't the network config, nor mandrake's fault.  I booted off of the
Suse 8 live CD to double-check, and it exhibited the same problems.  I
know it isn't the ethernet card because i used to run debian on this box
just fine.  The problem turned out to be something to do with the gateway
machine.

Don't ask me why it can do NAT for 5 other machines fine, but not this
one.   Only thing I can think is a strange entry in /etc/ethers or
something like that.

givin the one way ping success, it's something very odd indeed.

 -- noah silva