Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:42:38 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Red Hat Beta

> Hmm.  Another release is already on it's way?  I tried RH 7.3 and it
> failed during the RPM install progress screen.  I'm still way behind,
> using RH7.2.

Did you use the cd tester part of the installer?

I wonder if you can mix n' match rpms b/c 7.2 and 7.3. I do this at times,
I wonder how bad this is. I have been using mostly source rpms, though. I
know that 6.2 and 7.3 don't mix, nor is there a way, save getting the
cdrom to upgrade from 6.2 to 7.3 ala dist-upgrade in debian. Or is there?
If there is I would love to know so I can get the creaky server back to
the present.

I had troubles booting rh 7.2 b/c anaconda crashed. The bug has been fixed
in 7.3.

Fred