Kam Salisbury on Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:10:09 +0200

[PLUG] RE: PLUG digest, Vol 1 #1669 - 20 msgs

>Message: 20
>Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:15:40 -0400
>From: "Arthur S. Alexion" <arthur@alexion.com>
>To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
>Subject: [PLUG] HTML Editors
>
>I have heretofor done all of my HTML editing n Windows, using HotDog.
>I like HTML editors, not wysiwyg, but ones that help you insert markup
>and color code it (if you are not famiiar with HotDog).  I have major
>revisions to make to my office website, and I am going to try to redo
>it in Linux.
>
>Does anyone have an editor they'd recommend?  Cusotmizable open source
>preferred, but commercial could work.
>--
>
>_______________________________
>Art Alexion
>Arthur S. Alexion LLC
>mailto:arthur@alexion.com
>http://www.alexion.com

Why not try Komodo from Activestate? www.activestate.com I like tat it has
both a Win32 and Linux version that you can install using the same very low
cost non-commercial license. It handles not just HTML but XLST, PHP, TCL,
Perl, Python, text -- you get the idea. Komodo handles not just color coded
'code' but background syntax checking as well. It even supports saving
'project' files which basically keep track of which files belong to a
particular project. And if that was not enough, its GUI is based on the open
source mozilla code... if you do not need a WYSIWYG then maybe Komodo could
be for you.

Kam Salisbury
Network Alchemist

---