W. Chris Shank on Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:11:00 -0400

Re: [PLUG] new kernel bombs

I'm using grub. i copied the grub entry from stock RH7.3, renamed it and
modified it so that all references to 2.4.18-3 (initrd and vmlinuz) point to
2.4.18 instead. I left the original entry so that i can boot stock RH7.3 too.

it starts to boot. it just dies partway through.

no rejects in patching. it was a bulk patch that someone made for vaio
laptop. so i need to decompose it in order to apply individually.