Chris Mann on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:33:46 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Suggest a Host

I'm using a small company called drak.net for my hosting. They're fairly
inexpensive, and bill themselves as "do you want fries with that?"
hosting service. Basically, they cater to the more tech savvy types.
They're a *nix host, and do offer front page extensions.

http://www.drak.net

Chris Mann
Systems Administrator
Legg Mason Real Estate Services
cmann@lmres.com
215.496.3035

>>> paul@dpagin.net 07/22/02 07:15AM >>>
I'm thinking about recommending http://dreamhost.com/ to a customer for

Web hosting.  It costs $9.95 per month.  They use Debian servers and
offer Samba access.  Some questions:

How different will it be to work on a Debian server compared to a Red
Hat server?

Does anyone have experience with DreamHost?

Does anyone know of a good or better Web host?

(This is also a mail ML test.)