Kevin D. McAllister on Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:00:13 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Script advice please?

On or about Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 04:28:34PM -0400, Kam Salisbury wrote:
> Though this may be a great opportunity to learn my perl scripting skill better, does anyone know of a script or utility that does bandwidth accounting per virtual domain?
>
> Basically, we have a Redhat box, it hosts several apache virtual domains. For some of those domains it also handles mail via sendmail. I need to know how much bandwidth is being consumed by domain.
>
> Any tips appreciated. I am not afraid of coding my own solution (most likely a perl script) but it would be easier to lazily modify or configure an existing utility.
>
> Kam.

Tools such as the free webalizer (http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/).
and the not so free webtrends and urchin can be valuable in analyzing
apache log files and making estimates on bandwidth.

They can also provide you with a bunch of other data that may or may
not be useful.

--
Kevin D. McAllister
kevin@mcallister.net